FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hearts and Flowers

Welcome to another exciting week of Challenges at the Mod Squad!  I am Barbara Campbell and your host for this week with some exciting news!  Stay tuned! 

Hearts and Flowers

The challenge this week... is to make a project using hearts and/or flowers or both on it.  You may want to continue with a Valentine theme... or spring... or any thing that comes to mind. Let's see what you come up with.   I am always so excited to see what you do and be inspired.  We have two sponsors this week.

This Weeks 1st Sponsor is Gina K Designs

http://stamptv.com

A free community featuring card making, stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters featuring stamps by Gina K. Designs.Be sure to check out StampTV for a ton of great videos and techniques. They also have weekly challenges.Shop Gina K Designs

Prize
A PRIZE PACK of Gina K goodies. You can see an example of prizes in the GKD Prize Pack link.

My sample for you




My card is a Shaker card.  I used two newer stamp sets and one older set from GKD, called Triple Play and Wild Blossoms, and Stately Flowers 6  
I used Stately Flowers 6 for the sentiment on Vellum

There are so many ways that you can design a card with these stamp sets.
Card stock is GKD, white in heavy and light weight, and Passionate Pink
Inks are GKD in Passionate Pink and Black Onyx
Embossing folder in Swiss Dots and flowers and sequins from my stash. All of Gina's papers and inks match so well.

Here is the surprise! We have a NEW second Sponsor this week  Please welcome Drum roll!!!!!!!!

Newton's Nook Designs 

 http://www.newtonsnookdesigns.com/



Newton's Nook Designs is a small company comprised of a husband and wife team - Jen (artist and crafter) and Jeff (finance and business). Their stamp designs are created from Jen's hand-drawn sketches and are perfect for all your paper crafts! Many of the designs are kitties based on their own sweet orange kitty named Newton. They hope that their whimsical stamp designs will make you smile!


Prize




My sample card




Darling Duos | 4x6 Photopolymer Stamp Set | Newton's Nook DesignsDarling Hearts | Die Set | Newton's Nook Designs

I made this card with the new Darling Duos stamp and die set.  Available now at Newton's Nook Designs

I simply colored the kittens with my Copic markers and used design papers, and sequins from my stash.
Check out their blog, I think you will love it. I am so excited to have them as a new sponsor 
 Right now, Jennifer is offering 15% off any order this week Just add MODSQUAD15

RULES
  • Must be a NEW card/project as of the challenge start date
  • You must be a "Follower" Click the "Join This Site" blue button in the right sidebar of this blog to be eligible to win
  • You may use any vendors products to be eligible to win
  • You must follow the challenge theme
  • Include a link back to this challenge page
  • You may enter as many challenges as you like
  • Enter as many times as you'd like 
  • Challenge ends on following Tuesday at 12 noon EST 
INFO
  • Winner must send mailing address to Joyce before the following challenge.
  • The host/hostess will pick a "Top 3" which will be featured on our PINTEREST board 
  • Winners of prizes will be selected using a random generator.
  • Be sure to follow by email so you get notifications of new posts!(not required)
If you are new to using Inlinkz to upload, there are instructions HERE

Be sure to add MSC in front of your link name for an extra entry if you any of the sponsor's image/product. Instructions are HERE
 

 


No comments:


Post a Comment

20 comments:

  1. Ooooh la loooooooooove your Shaker card,, you clever girl! And the image on your 2nd card is ADORBS! FUN Challenge....as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! I do wish I had that stamp set from Gina K they are so fun and beautiful! The newton's nook is a new company to me. I think I have heard of it, but will have to peruse their offerings. Very cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't add my card. It said I hadn't added a backlink and an error message came up. I had put a link to your blog on my post.
    http://crafty-lizc.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/valentine-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a fun theme! I love your gorgeous DT cards! I am a huge Newton's Nook fan - you have two awesome sponsors! Hoping to play along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to edit my entry, because I forgot to add th MSC in front of my name, but it says the collection has closed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ladies. Collection has closed? Is this possibly an error?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How come it closed so soon? I was going to upload my card. I am hoping there is a mistake somehow. I had planned to make another one for the challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for the inconvenice, as I have very fat fingers. The linky is fixed and you should be able to link up now. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the fun challenge and lovely DT work for added inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still getting an error message when I try to link my card. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, I went and unchecked that a link back to our site had to be there. Inlinkz is wonky with it sometimes. It should work now. BUT there were 11 entries and I overrode and accepted the so is probably posted now.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. It's there now. x

      Delete
  11. Hey guy....my card won't post. Inlinks says I don't have a back link but I do. http://joaniescraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great challenge and lovely shaker and critter card! Glad I was able to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have added the link of this blog post in my post, still inklinz is not able to detect it. There was an error message.
    My URL:
    http://shiningcolourscrafts.blogspot.in/2016/02/scrappy-card.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the problems. I was able to fix them and your card was added.

      Delete
  14. I have tried to put three cards up,numbers 56, 70 and 71. The pictures are there but the titles are gray and every card's picture they are all in blue. I have been uploading to stamptv and then making my card full size and then copying the URL. then going to the Mod Squad hearts and Flowers blog. Do I have to click the blue "I am a follower" every time? Any how,then I go to the bottom of page to click on inlink.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi all...so sorry for the backlink issues, it is an error. BUT it goes to moderation and when I approve it they post in order they were posted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, was not able to enter my card showing error loading link and I don't have ya back link.http://ravishingartncraft.blogspot.in/2016/02/for-you.html?m=1
    Posting my entry here hope you will consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful challenge theme and fabulous sponsors. LOVE the NN card!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete